I have three research areas: close relationships, conservation psychology, and educational psychology. My first research interest is examining processes related to relationship maintenance, such as forgiveness and attitude alignment. My second research interest is examining antecedents and consequences of felt commitment to the natural environment. My third research interest is examining the psychology of teaching and learning.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Attitudes and Beliefs
- Close Relationships
- Interpersonal Processes
- Social Cognition
- Contributing author (2011). G. Lewandowski, Jr., T. Loving, B. Le, & M. Gleason (Eds.), The science of relationships: Answers to your questions about dating, marriage, and family. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.
- Coy, A. E., Green, J. D., & Davis, J. L. (in press). With or without you: The impact of partner presence and attachment on exploration. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology.
- Davis, J. L., Burnette, J. L., Allison, S. T., & Stone, H. (in press). Against the odds: Academic underdogs benefit from incremental theories. Social Psychology of Education.
- Davis, J. L., Green, J. D., & Reed, A. (2009). Interdependence with the environment: Commitment, interconnectedness, and environmental behavior. Journal of Environmental Psychology.
- Davis, J. L., Le, B., & Coy, A. E. (in press). Building a model of commitment to the natural environment to predict ecological behavior and willingness to sacrifice. Journal of Environmental Psychology.
- Davis, J. L., & Rusbult, C. E. (2001). Attitude alignment in close relationships. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 81, 65-84.
- Green, J. D., Burnette, J., & Davis, J. L. (2008). Third-party forgiveness effect: (Not) forgiving your close other's betrayer. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 34, 407-418.
- Green, J. D., Campbell, W. K., & Davis, J. L. (2007). Ghosts from the past: An examination of romantic relationships and self-discrepancy. Journal of Social Psychology, 147, 243-264.
- Rusbult, C. E., Olsen, N., Davis, J. L., & Hannon, P. A. (2001). Commitment and relationship maintenance mechanisms. In J. H. Harvey & A. E. Wenzel (Eds.), Close romantic relationships: Maintenance and enhancement (pp. 87-113). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Van Tongeren, D. R., Green, J. D., Davis, J. L., Davis, D. E., Worthington, E. L., Hook, J. N., Jennings, D. J., Gartner, A. L., & Greer, C. L. (2011). Meaning in life as a restraint of evil. In J. H. Ellens (Ed.), Explaining evil. Praeger Publishers.
Department of Psychology
P.O. Box 842018
Virginia Commonwealth University
Richmond, Virginia 23284-2018
- Phone: (804) 828-8227